Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Singapore Swing Part VI

As I related in this post, the local shopping mall was a dark place. Now, there was a US style shopping mall in the base of the hotel, but both it and the hotel were quite Western in style.

However, the "dark" shopping mall was more of a Singapore syle mall. Below is a photo I took of a Muslim family during one of my excursions to the "dark" mall. You can see in the background how unlit the interior is--and I brightened the photo so the family would be appropriately visible.

They were simply moving along, attending to their little girl, chatting amiably. The dour expression on the husband is misleading, as all were quite friendly to me. I guess he felt he should be properly stern for purposes of the photograph. Click on the photos for a larger version.

This last photo of The People of Singapore is of a stonemason/bricklayer gentleman. Behind him is a building comprised of small shops, one of which was a shop specializing in French perfumes. He was off working by himself this day.


Next in the Series: Part VII

Photos Copyright 2005 by Impacted Wisdom Truth

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home