Friday, September 02, 2005

Do You Know This Man?

When my father passed away in 1990, my mother gave me a large envelope of old family photos. Those photos have languished in a closet until last night when I started scanning them into my computer. Below are two scans of an old photograph from 1955, front and back.

My father wrote on the back of the photo, "This is Wayman Branton with me. He plays quarter back. A good boy! 1955." The front of the photo shows two young men, apparently on a street somewhere in England in 1955. The man on the left is Fred Hanke, my father. The man on the right is identified as Wayman Branton. My father was in the US Air Force at the time, and the photo looks like two Air Force friends in civilian clothes on leave in England. Click on the photos for larger versions.

The front of the photo:


The back of the photo:


I became curious as to whether Mr. Branton is still alive so I can send him a scan of the photo. If you know him or know of him, please contact me at:

impactedwisdomtruth -at- dslextreme.com

Thank you.

UPDATE:

Incredible! While searching for Mr. Branton on the Internet last night, I came across an email address that potentially was a relative of Mr. Branton. I emailed a link to this post to that person, and she responded.

It turns out she is Mr. Branton's granddaughter. I have emailed her two high-resolution scans, one of the front and one of the back of the photo, along with my contact information. She has promised to forward it all to her grandpa. I am truly amazed and incredibly glad. Thank you, Stephanie!

Photos Copyright 2005 by Impacted Wisdom Truth.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home